Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › Can we bring the AVC -HD into workflow with P2 720/24p?
-
Can we bring the AVC -HD into workflow with P2 720/24p?
Posted by Roger Herr on June 1, 2008 at 12:51 pmWondering if it’s possible to include the AVC-HD camera (the AG-HSC1U, shooter cam) for supplementary source material when already shooting a doc. on the P2 720/24p?
Roger Herr
http://www.hidefsouth.comSteve Eisen replied 18 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies -
7 Replies
-
Noah Kadner
June 1, 2008 at 3:45 pmHow do you mean that? You can do whatever you want- are you asking in terms of post-production or….?
Noah
My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
https://www.callboxlive.com -
Shane Ross
June 1, 2008 at 4:07 pmIt shoots a completely different format…so you know. AVCHD imports as AIC or ProRES only…and that camera only shoots 1080i60 as far as I know. So you will be mixing codecs and frame rates.
Shane
GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog! -
Roger Herr
June 1, 2008 at 4:35 pmCorrect, I am asking with regards I want to make sure we can use the footage in the final product. Most of the footage will be acquired with the HDX-900 and the HVX-200. I figure these cameras (AG-HSC1U)aren’t going to deliver the same quality of image as the other cameras but I am looking for the supplemental cut in footage, like using lipstick cam for example.
-
Roger Herr
June 2, 2008 at 6:11 pmGuess I just need to know if the footage from the HSC1U can be used in post production to add to the documentary that we’re shooting with the HDX900 & HVX 200 at 720/24p. Just looking to use it as the “c” cam.
Thanks, in advance, for your help,
rog -
Noah Kadner
June 2, 2008 at 8:25 pmSorry but there’s still not really a question there. You can mix in footage from any camera you’d like to once it’s rendered to match the sequence codec you’re using- just quality issues to deal with. Are you asking- will they match? Do they look the same? Will FCP accept them on the same timeline- help us help you.
Noah
My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
https://www.callboxlive.com -
Roger Herr
June 2, 2008 at 8:44 pmQuality issues aren’t a huge concern. Just want to be able to use the footage in the doc. Walter Biscardi will do the edit and he’s on vacation so haven’t really been able to get assurance before I buy the camera. If we can convert it one way or the other in order to use it that’s all I need to know. The Panasonic engineer I spoke with says it should work but couldn’t answer any questions about ingestion by FCP and then conversion to get it into the timeline for the edit. So I figured you folks could help. Much appreciated.
rog -
Steve Eisen
June 3, 2008 at 1:08 pmThink as if you were the editor. Rent an HVX-200 and shoot 720/24p. Make Walter’s job simple.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group
Reply to this Discussion! Login or Sign Up
