Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Cam to IoXT as fast as IoXT to Comp via Thunderbolt?

  • Frank Black

    December 22, 2011 at 2:03 am

    I think I get it: the capture card captures the camera’s playback, and the playback is the uncompressed/decoded version. SDI passes in real-time. Now here’s a question — if the camera is playing back in real-time, and there’s an hour of footage, how is it that I’ve seen videos on Youtube where over thunderbolt, data was transferred in a flash almost. How can thunderbolt transfer faster than the capture card is capturing, considering that it is capturing in real-time — meaning 1 hour (since it takes one hour to play back an hour of footage in real-time)? Thanks.

  • Rob Hargreaves

    March 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm

    How does the IO XT assist in editing?
    Is it just to allow output to a broadcast monitor or is there some other benefits?
    I already have a second monitor connected to my MBP 17″ via the TB/Mini Displayport works work fine in PPro CS 5.5 or FCPX 10.0.0.3, so what advantage is gain on the “editing” side?

    Also I don’t see any information about stream HD from the IO XT, is this possible?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy