Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro › Broadcast Safe Filter, not working

  • Broadcast Safe Filter, not working

    Posted by Chris Konovaliv on August 31, 2015 at 3:58 pm

    Adding the broadcast safe filter to correct luma on some end cards. Heres whats happening. Any advice would be appreciated.

    1. Add end card title over main spot (black text from AE, animation RGB+Alpha)

    2. Check Scope (black under 0)

    3. Add broadcast safe NTSC, Luma Correction @ 100%

    4. UnRendered, black looks clamped

    5. Clip Renders, check scope, black is back to where it started (slightly below 0)

    6. Scratch Head

    Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

    Bret Williams replied 11 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Bret Williams

    August 31, 2015 at 6:20 pm

    I think there’s some bugs in the broadcast safe filter. For something so basic, I’d just open up the color board and raise the black level.

  • Chris Konovaliv

    August 31, 2015 at 6:46 pm

    Thanks Brett…I think thats the only thing to do at this point. Suspect it was the .2.1 updated as I haven’t seen this before

  • Bret Williams

    August 31, 2015 at 6:47 pm

    How do you end up with black below 0 in a graphic anyway?

  • Chris Konovaliv

    August 31, 2015 at 6:54 pm

    Thats an awesome question. I exported straight out of after effects (black was at 0) and into fcpx. Its just words…The end card its sitting on top of doesn’t even approach 0, but on the scope I see some small jaggy bits going under 0…Not sure if I should be worried about this or not…

  • Chris Konovaliv

    August 31, 2015 at 7:29 pm

    Thats an awesome question. I exported straight out of after effects (black was at 0) and into fcpx. Its just words…The end card its sitting on top of doesn’t even approach 0, but on the scope I see some small jaggy bits going under 0…

    But its Interesting. If I take my main spot which has legal blacks, and add the broadcast filter to it, it does the same thing. lowers black into illegal territory.

  • Bret Williams

    August 31, 2015 at 10:05 pm

    ProRes 4444?

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy