Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Boris Title 3D crashes FCE 2.03 every time

  • Boris Title 3D crashes FCE 2.03 every time

    Posted by Flighter on May 26, 2006 at 1:34 pm

    As the subject heading points out, FCE 2.03 crashes when ever I attempt to type into the Title 3D program. I’ve trashed FCE and Boris preferences, rebooted etc. all to no avail.

    I’ve been slowly working my way through Tom Wolsky’s excellent book “FCE 2 Editing Workshop” (shameless product placement I know, but I’m hoping he’s reading) and only now discovered this problem, despite having the computer and software for over a year. Boris’ web site did not list any updates that I could see, so any assistance gratefully accepted.

    Thanks,

    Flighter

    1.8GHz iMac G5, 1GB, OS 10.3.9, FCE 2.03, Boris Title 3D 1.1.0.408 (how’s that for a version name).

    Tom Wolsky replied 20 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tom Wolsky

    May 26, 2006 at 5:53 pm

    I can’t ignore that question.

    If you’ve trashed the preferences and this is still happening, the usual cause is a corrupted font. Unfortunately these are hard to find. One way is to use the FontBook application, thin out your font list so it’s only the basic fonts and see if the application will load. Also in the font list in your system (or user) see if there are any fonts with generic icons. These are often corrupt fonts. Remove them from the folder and see if the application loads properly without them.

    All the best,

    Tom

    Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” DVD

  • Flighter

    May 28, 2006 at 5:50 am

    Thanks Tom, your response provided an extremely useful clue. I think it came down to a reduced set of fonts installed on my system. Title 3D would sometimes not have a font selected upon opening, displaying just a hyphen (-) in the drop down menu instead of (say) the first font in the list.

    Another problem I had was your sample sequences for Lesson 7 would crash the system too, which I subsequently figured was because the Arial font you used wasn’t installed. In any case, with Arial now installed, and ensuring a font is actually selected in Title 3D, I’m back in business.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Flighter

  • Tom Wolsky

    May 28, 2006 at 2:51 pm

    If you’re moving around fonts be careful about taking out the base set of fonts including Ariel.

    All the best,

    Tom

    Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” DVD

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy