Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Blackmagic Design › BM Intensity Pro – Double Screen when Capturing 1080p 30

  • BM Intensity Pro – Double Screen when Capturing 1080p 30

    Posted by Herman Ming on February 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm

    I am having trouble capturing at 1080p 30. What I am doing is capturing using the Blackmagic Intensity Pro card via HDMI from one computer to another computer.

    Here are the specs:

    Record Computer
    Intel Core Quad 9550 2.8ghz
    8GB Ram
    Windows 7

    Source Computer
    Intel i3
    Asus Motherboard
    EVGA Geforce 8400GS
    Ubuntu 10.10

    The source is coming from the Geforce card using a DVI-to-HDMI converter, then the HDMI into the Blackmagic Intensity Pro HDMI input. Mind you, I am capturing from Linux, but I reckon that shouln’t really have any major issues – I did install the appropriate Nvidia drivers.

    In Media Express, I only get a signal for two settings… 1080i 60 and 1080p 30. THis is regardless of whatever output settings I put on the source computer. In fact, it seems that media express doesn’t even care what refresh rate I set the source computer output at. It will only pick it up using those two settings. Now the problem isn’t capturing at 1080i 60. It seems to work fine. But I am trying to get it to work capturing at a progressive rate. And the signal shows up, but it shows up like this:

    https://www.hmchen.com/bmip1.jpg

    This is so baffling to me! I don’t know how this is even so. I’m hoping someone else has run into this problem too and fixed it, but so far I haven’t found any. If there’s any way I can make it so it stretches back to one, that’d be great!

    If you hvae any advice, thanks!!

    Jared Hobbs replied 14 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jared Hobbs

    May 23, 2012 at 2:09 pm

    I’m having the same double stacking issue. Did you fix this issue? This didn’t occur until I was prompted to do an update.

  • Jared Hobbs

    May 23, 2012 at 2:28 pm

    Well, got it working. Had to change the capture settings to 1080i 59.94

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy