Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Panasonic Cameras Best SD card for HMC150 recording

• Best SD card for HMC150 recording

• Tash Glenn

April 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Which brand of SD cards are most reliable with shooting on the Panasonic HMC150 camera? I have been using “Transcend SDHC class6” 8GB & 16GB and been having Log and Transfer errors in getting my footage off the cards using FCP7. I have also been reusing the cards by reformatting the cards from the camera functions, is this the best way to reuse a SD card?

Tash
    https://www.vnextmedia.com

• Paul Figgiani

April 23, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I use Panasonic cards with the $40 Panasonic reader. Never had a problem. The cards are more expensive.

-paul.

• Tash Glenn

April 23, 2010 at 11:23 pm

what class or speed are the Panasonic cards?

Tash
    https://www.vnextmedia.com

• Justin Parker

April 27, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I have the same Transcend cards and have had no problems so far.
    I’ve read a lot of good reviews about Transcend too.

Are you getting errors while recording on them in the camera or just uploading with a card reader?

Have you tried leaving the cards in the camera and connecting the computer to the camera via USB and uploading that way?

• John Baldino

April 29, 2010 at 12:57 am

I too use the Transcend 8gb/16gb class 6 cards with FCP 7. And so far, no problems at all. There is a problem in your configuration somewhere, although I think it is very unlikely that the cards would be at fault, but it does happen every once in a while. I would experiment with every variable to make sure the problem really is with the SD cards themselves. As the previous poster said, try using the camera with a usb connection to transfer, make sure there are no errors during playback on the camera (or during recording for that matter), etc.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy