Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Beefen up G5 to run Final Cut pro 6 or 7

  • Peter Berthet

    September 1, 2009 at 6:36 am

    [walter biscardi] “Wooooooooooooooooooooo, the DA-88. A classic…… “

    weve got a couple of DA98’s and a broken DA88 .. mm spare parts

    ~Peter Berthet
    Sydney, Australia

  • Rukiza Okera

    November 2, 2009 at 10:11 am

    Hi There
    A few years ago I bought an Apple G5 and added the “trims” which cost me close to £5,000 (five thousand pounds) then Final Cut Studio 5, another £1,200 then later upgraded to Final Cut 6. Last week I decided to upgrade to Final Cut 7 after reading all the good things about this version. But my flow has come to an abrupt end when I tried to load FCP 7. My Apple G5 is obsolete……. it cannot run 7. Not that my machine is slow…. that technical stuff of Intel & PCI ? Please do not quote me on the PCI but that is what I understand. My great worry is the amount of money I spent over a few years and now what……? I hope Apple would help me. I Love Apple and Hope Apple Loves Me.

    Rukiza Okera

    i need advice on lights for a music video dance sequence

  • Rafael Amador

    November 2, 2009 at 11:27 am

    Hi Rukiza,
    Yes, is like that.
    You need an Intel Mac to run FC 7.
    But think that FC 7 wouldn’t change much your life.
    If you would be able to install it in your G5, you wouldn’t take much advantage of the new implementations.
    I’m working with FC 6 in a MBP and in a G5 and I don’t see much reason to update.
    When, hopefully, I’ll get the Mac Pro will be the moment.
    rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy