Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › battery charger for DVX100

  • battery charger for DVX100

    Posted by Daniel Weber on December 5, 2005 at 5:04 am

    I have the original DVX100 and the battery charger just quit working.

    B&H wants $150 for a new one. Does anyone have any experience with a third party charger?

    Not sure if $150 is worth is when the HVX purchase will be next year, though the camera is useless with out it right now.

    Thanks,

    Dan Weber

    Daniel Weber replied 20 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Noah Kadner

    December 5, 2005 at 5:11 am

    I would go to an electronics store- like Best Buy or what have you. The DVX100 uses the same battery mount as consumer Panasonic cameras. So the standard cheap chargers work fine. I got one for under $40 that fast charges faster than the one that comes with the camera. Also highly recommend the DVXuser.com batteries- they are amazingly long lasting. Just did a 2 day shoot on 2 of them with only end of day charging required.

    Naoh

  • Daniel Weber

    December 5, 2005 at 2:44 pm

    Noah,

    Thanks!!!

    Guess I will have to do without the camera AC adapter, but I can live without that since I don’t use the camera as a deck.

    Dan Weber

  • Daniel Weber

    December 5, 2005 at 2:51 pm

    Noah,

    I looked at B&H and they have chargers for Panasonic GCRD and GCAD batteries. Any idea which one is right?

    Thanks,

    Dan

  • Noah Kadner

    December 5, 2005 at 6:30 pm

    May I suggest a call to B&H?

  • Daniel Weber

    December 6, 2005 at 4:12 am

    Thanks!!! I guess a phone call it is.

    Dan

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy