Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Automating plugins

Tagged: 

• Automating plugins

Edward Troxel updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Jono Grant

September 7, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Hi there, just wondered if there was a way to automate plugins, live? I know you can open the timeline for a feature and add key frames etc. I’m wondering if it can automate a plugin like it can a volume envelope?

PS. I work in audio, and most audio programs will automate any control of any aspect of the session including all plugin controls.

I just want to use my mouse to change colours or filters on the fly.

Is this not possible in Vegas?

Thanks

PS. Nice new look to the site!

Jono

• Tim Wilson

September 7, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Hey Jono,

I’m afraid that I can’t help with your question, but as one of the COW folks, I wanted to thank you for the kind words about the new look! We’ve got lots, lots more cool stuff coming soon!

Take care!

Tim Wilson
    Editor-in-Chief
    Creative COW

• Steve Rhoden

September 7, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Yes Jono, to an extent it can. Have a quick read up on this link and see if it helps you:

http://vegaspro.helpmax.net/en/using-vegas-software/using-automation/automating-audio-effect-parameters/

• Jono Grant

September 7, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Thanks! This relates to automating audio, which is cool but I’m looking to automate some video effects.

Cheers

• Edward Troxel

September 8, 2020 at 1:34 pm

Apparently that answer is no for real time. The cursor in the effect box does not follow along when playing the timeline. You’ll need to pause the timeline, make the changes, and then restart the timeline. You could place markers in real time and then go back and adjust at the markers. Using scripting, you might be able to do it in real time.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy