Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Audition › audio files not saving in AA 1.5

  • audio files not saving in AA 1.5

    Posted by Wyatt06 on September 24, 2006 at 8:18 pm

    When I edit files in Audition 1.5 and ‘save’ the file, I watch the blue bar for a minute or so while it saves the file..what I just found out is that for some weeks now all my editing was not saved at all.

    I activated the software when I first installed it.
    This morning I went to ‘add/remove programs’ and repaired the software. Then brought up a file and hard limited it…saved it..brought it back up, and nothing is being saved.

    I just lost months of work and am really bummed.

    If anyone can help me sort this out, I’d really appreciate it.

    Thanks in advance,

    Wyatt06

    Wyatt06 replied 20 years ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Willie Toth

    September 24, 2006 at 9:20 pm

    Wyatt,

    In all the years I have been using this program I have never seen this problem before … I would check all your file paths and I would do more than just do a repair, I would completely uninstall and reinstall … Let us know what you have found … WILLIE

  • Wyatt06

    September 24, 2006 at 10:05 pm

    I will try that. There’s one other possiblity that ocurred to me:

    Previous to installing 1.5 I had the tryout version. I removed that before installing 1.5, but am
    wondering if there might have been something left in the registry that could cause a problem?

    Its going to take days to go back and determine exactly when it stopped working. I have been archiving
    speech tapes onto CD and have not had the occaision to go back and listen to each CD comparatively. Looks
    like I will have to now.

    Meantime I’ll reinstall and at least see if this will begin to work properly again.

    Thanks for your reply,
    Wyatt

  • Wyatt06

    September 25, 2006 at 12:11 am

    WILLIE,

    I removed it from my system and did a fresh install. No change to report, and that surprises me a lot.
    It is using a secondary temp file as it should, and I have no plug-ins associated with it.

    The installation did not prompt me to register with Adobe.

    I have not had a problem recording, and as recently as a month ago I recall making changes on an
    original recording that did save and burn to CD.

    It will take some time to find exactly when this problem began, and whether recordings I made last January and worked on in, say April or later are any good or not.

    This has been a real downer for me, and I do appreciate your response,

    Wyatt

  • Willie Toth

    September 25, 2006 at 10:40 am

    Wyatt,

    I can totally relate to your delema I have lost hard drives before and hours worth of work … The reason Audition didn’t promt you to register is that it remembers the info … If I were you I would not only uninstall from the add and remove programs but next I would do a search for any files and folders relating to Audition and delete those as well … I think you are right that something is lingering from the demo … Let me know what you find out …….. WILLIE

  • Wyatt06

    September 26, 2006 at 7:26 pm

    Latest:

    I uninstalled aa1.5 again, and this time ran a registry cleaner before reinstallation. Program installed, but never prompted me to register.

    After 3 days of trying without success to initiate an email with tech support, and 2 days of not being able to get through to anyone via telephone, I checked my acount and it doesn’t show *any* products registered to me. Telephone says my customer # isn’t in their system, [and I have that on a printout I did months ago from them].

    So I am at a loss for now. I guess their new system upgrade must have them swamped with calls.

    I’ll keep trying, but I have spent the last 3 days on this and am running out of gas.
    Wyatt

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy