Apple Logic vs Avid Pro Tools
Does somebody have experience on both systems?
How does Logic compare to Pro Tools in the following areas:
– Importing OMF from FCP or AVID
– Track count and audio effect count for a single machine and distributed
– latency between tracks, with effects applied
– user interface responsiveness when working with larger sessions and on-line quicktime video
– General efficiency for the following jobs:
-clean-up of tracks (Pro Tools can add dissolves while playing etc)
-creating and adding buzz and special sound effects
-final mixing, routing, busses, grouping tracks etc
– control interface operation (we are on Mackie HUI’s but they’re getting old)
– deck control and final playout of audio
Or am I on the wrong track, and should Logic be used more in a MIDI based environment?