Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro All clips only 9.sec 24 frames when importing

• All clips only 9.sec 24 frames when importing

• Peter Magnusson

June 12, 2021 at 8:49 am

I captured DV clips from tape into iMovie, with a new clip for every start/stop. When I import the files (from Finder) into Premiere every clip is max 9,24 sec, even thought they are longer. Same thing when trying to import into Resolve or transcoding with EditReady. Max 10 sec.

What´s wrong?

• Bill Celnick

June 12, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Since you’ve captured with iMovie, are they also limited to 10 seconds within iMovie?

I haven’t even looked at iMovie in about 10 years, and no longer work on a Mac, but is there a reason you can’t capture the clips via Premiere instead?

• Peter Magnusson

June 12, 2021 at 3:31 pm

I use iMovie since I’ve only been able to capture them as mpeg clips within Premiere.

The clips in iMovie has no limits in length, and can be hours.

But when I import the clips from Finder to Premiere they are all limited to 10 sec (as with Resolve and Editready.

• Bill Celnick

June 12, 2021 at 7:11 pm

I vaguely remember my old workflow now, but in those days I was using FCP 7…I seem to recall that when capturing DV clips, that I had to run them through a third party program called “ClipWrap” which converted the files into something FCP could handle.

If it’s still available, maybe you can download a trial.

• Peter Magnusson

June 12, 2021 at 8:03 pm

EditReady is now Clipwrap

But this is not the problem. The problem is that they only last 10 sec, even though they are much longer (when played in Quicktime player och VLC for example)

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy