Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Aja Kona: green screen

• Aja Kona: green screen

scimmy updated 16 years ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • Gregorio Paolini

April 6, 2005 at 12:41 pm

My G5 (Double 2,5, 2,5 RAM, XRaid Serve, FCP 4.5, Kona Drivers 2.1.5) is perfectly working with Aja Io but doesn’t seem to work with Aja Kona 2. FCP and Aja Kona 2 Control Panel appear correctly setted up for PAL SD (625i) and are feeded via J30 SDI embedded. Sync is feeded by a Genlock Generator that works perfectly when connected to Aja Io. On video capture, FCP capture screen is green, video transits to video component monitor but is not captured. Desktop output to video is not working, bars to video monitor are not working, etc. Any help???

Gregorio

• Gregorio Paolini

April 6, 2005 at 12:43 pm

Sorry, obviously I mean Kona 2 Version 1.0.5 Drivers.
    Gregorio

• Francois Driessen

April 6, 2005 at 4:45 pm

I feel your pain.
    Have the same problem on a dual G5 2, 4Gig RAM. I have already swapped out cards but the problem is the same. Also, can’t even get color bars from the AJA Control Panel. I’m busy right now to get another G5 up to Os 10.3.8 so I can Install FCP HD to check the card in there. This is both weird and very unproductive with a deadline on my neck.

NB: Are you maybe running an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256M graphics card?

Will post another thread to the masters to see if they can help me out of tis one.

Francois J Driessen
    >- e y e f l a m e .tv –<

• scimmy

April 9, 2005 at 9:22 am

I have Kona2 w/ G5DP2ghz. I have NTSC(525) settings active in Kona2 Control Panel. Card doesn’t like the ControlTab/”Ref.In” selected despite sync gen input to KBox “ref loop” (terminated), try “free-run or video-in”. I don’t see much mention of using the Kona Control Panel app as critical to making this card work. In my short experience with this card, understanding this utility is the first step to Kona2 happiness. There is one way to make this card do what you want in a given set of I/O parameters. If the Kona app does’t match the app in control, the card is totally useless. I would pay an extra fifty bucks for a PRINTED manual. This is one that needs reading. TS

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy