Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems AJA Capturing Issues

• AJA Capturing Issues

• Blake Robertson

March 3, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, so hopefully this is the right place. I’m new to working with audio/visual equipment so please excuse me if my question/knowledge is basic.

Current Equipment:
    System: Mac Pro – Late 2014
    Chassis: Sonnet Technologies Echo Express III-R (Thunderbolt Chassis for AJA Card)
    Media Card in Chassis: Kona LHi (with latest v12.1 Software/Drivers and Quicktime Codec v4.0)
    Software: Final Cut Pro X, and the AJA Software
    Configuration: Mac Pro via Thunderbolt > Echo Express III with Kona LHi card > connected to AJA Kona Breakout Box > connected to MACKIE 1402 Listenback > connected to an Adam A7X.

Issue:
    Currently we are experiencing a few issues:
    – By default we have the AJA system set as the primary sound output and input in System Preferences.
    – When you login and try to play sound to the AJA system from the Mac Pro, there will be no sound (whether it is from iTunes, a web browser, a video, etc). Until you open up Final Cut Pro X, when you play a video, sound will start playing to the AJA system.
    – Once Final Cut Pro X has been opened and played sound, all other applications can now play sound to these speakers until you logout (then rinse, repeat).
    – Whenever we want to try to capture audio/video directly from the mac using Control Room, in the captured video there is video but no sound.
    – Sound is set to output to the AJA system, and the speakers connected to the AJA system are playing the sound, but under System Preferences > Sound > Input (where AJA is set as the primary input device), it is not picking up on any sound.
    – Now, when we try to capture a feed from our television studio cameras, Control Room captures both sound and video just fine.

Sorry for the long description but I wanted to make sure that I provided as many details as I can in hopes to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Thank You

• Andre Pinto

March 12, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Hey, i had the exact same issue with our AJA Card and FCP7 today…

while veing in communication with the AJA tech support, i tried to solve another issue and found the root of the problem by accident…

Basically what it comes down to is sloppy cabling.
    I had a cable in the analog Input 2 of the breakout box that for some reason created a feedback. as soon as i pulled that cable, all the sounds were played back properly.

I told the AJA support my findings, and they were as baffled as me. And agreed with me, that this should not be a reason for this error to occur and they will look into it. But nevertheless, this was the cause.

I fixed the Cables since and everything works fine.

Hope this helps

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy