Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › After Effects CC 2017 Issue with Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017

  • After Effects CC 2017 Issue with Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017

    Posted by Bob Kane on April 8, 2017 at 9:57 pm

    After effects works fine, but whenever I go to composition>Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue, my application freezes temporarily, my mouse turns into the spinning beach ball for a little bit, and then nothing happens. If I go into AME and try to import a comp, the application freezes (and I’m talking for an hour or more) and has to be force quit. If I add my comp to the Render Queue in AE, the “Queue in AME” button is unable to click, and if I attempt to change the format, the “more formats in AME” button is unable to be clicked. Please help because After Effects doesn’t have the format I need to render my videos in.

    Specs:
    iMac, 27-inch, mid 2011
    Running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.4
    Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Mac1 startup disk
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

    Bob Kane replied 9 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Michael Szalapski

    April 11, 2017 at 12:41 pm

    What exact version number of AE and AME are you using?

    – The Great Szalam
    (The \’Great\’ stands for \’Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble\’)

    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

  • Bob Kane

    April 11, 2017 at 5:53 pm

    I don’t know how to find the version but I only installed Adobe CC like a week ago so it’s the latest version

  • Bob Kane

    April 17, 2017 at 8:01 am

    After Effects is Version 14.1.0.57

    Media Encoder is Version 11.0.2.53

  • Michael Szalapski

    April 22, 2017 at 5:41 pm

    Try the updates that came out this week.

    – The Great Szalam
    (The \’Great\’ stands for \’Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble\’)

    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

  • Bob Kane

    April 24, 2017 at 6:14 am

    I have, still having the same issue.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy