Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › AE Adobe Premier Pro 2

  • AE Adobe Premier Pro 2

    Posted by Ijop69 on September 6, 2007 at 2:35 am

    Hi Team,
    I am a new user the above, after struggling with Cyberlink. I do not own a Camera, therefore I was unable to capture via my Panansonic VCR using Adobe. I have however managed to capture to my computer HDD using my WINFAST PVR capture card. This has recorded in MPG format. I am trying to convert my old videos to DVD. I am now trying to open this file using Adobe to edit etc..However I cannot see any picture. Can you help me please.
    Many thanks & Regards

    Ijop69 replied 19 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mike Velte

    September 6, 2007 at 9:28 am

    Editing mpeg is tough as it is, but near impossible with Premiere 2. Premiere Elements 3 can do a better job, but still there are issues.
    Your best bet is to use a DV camcorder to “pass thru” and convert an analog signal to DV…or get a Analog/Digital converter like ADS Pyro A/V link for about $200.

  • Ijop69

    September 8, 2007 at 12:31 am

    Mnay thanks for your advice. I do not know if it is cheaper to buy the link for $200 or a used DV camcorder. I’ll have a look around. Will keep in touch.

    Cheers & Thanks

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy