Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects AE 6.5 and MacOS 10.4.1 Tiger

• AE 6.5 and MacOS 10.4.1 Tiger

Ben List updated 16 years, 1 month ago 8 Members · 15 Posts
  • Mark Maness

June 20, 2005 at 7:59 pm

Is anybody out there able to use this combination? I can’t seem to use it on a Dual 2.7 G5 with 4 1/2 gig of RAM. It only sees 2 gig of the RAM. I can’t save any files anytime. And after I render something, I can’t use the menus at all – they are all greyed out. It works fast, I just can’t save anything that I do. And yes, its reproducable on my system.

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

• Bill Marcellus

June 20, 2005 at 9:38 pm

I have a dual 2.7 w/4 gigs of RAM and AE 6.5 is working fine for me. I know that this doesn’t help solve your problem but at least you know it CAN work properly.

Bill

• Kelly Johnson

June 21, 2005 at 12:05 am

are you running Tiger as well?

• Bill Marcellus

June 21, 2005 at 4:11 am

Yes- I forgot to say I am running Tiger.

Bill

• Jerry Witt

June 21, 2005 at 8:08 am

I’m having a similar problem.

Although I can save while I work, after I render, my AE menu is grayed out too. If I command-Q out of AE, I can save the project. And when I start it back up, all is well. This is under Tiger with 2 gigs of RAM using AE 6.5.1.

Wayne, are you by any chance running into this problem when you are using After Effects while leaving FCP 5 open? I THINK this is what is causing me my problem.

• basilisk

June 21, 2005 at 11:23 am

same combination here – if you haven’t got the 6.5.1 update for AE, I would try that. I think I found the update more stable and reliable

• Mark Maness

June 21, 2005 at 1:29 pm

I wish I could save… Sometimes I do have FCP 5.0 open and sometimes I don’t. But thanks, it was worth a shot.

• Mark Maness

June 21, 2005 at 1:30 pm

Done it! It doesn’t seem to be any different at all. But thanks for trying.

• Nils Schneider

June 21, 2005 at 2:42 pm

Maybe it’s worth trying to delete the AE prefs file, or just move it to the Desktop and relaunch AE. Doing this can solve weird problems like you have. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ and delete/move the “Adobe After Effects 6.5 Prefs” file.

/Nils

• Jerry Witt

June 21, 2005 at 3:55 pm

So Wayne, let me get this straight. You cannot save. At all? Ever? If you command Q out of AE you don’t have a chance to save?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy