Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects AE 2022 having trouble with Media Encoder

• AE 2022 having trouble with Media Encoder

• Stacey Dunleavy

November 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm

I’m trying to export a simple experiment as an animated GIF. I choose Add To Adobe Media Encoder Queue, Media Encoder opens, and it just… sits… there… While in ME, I try dragging my file into the queue, and it’s taken about an hour to import and still… nothing… happens…

So far, I’ve only had the time to try this on my office PC – I’ll test it later on my M1 Mac at home later. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Martin Jaeger

November 30, 2021 at 8:22 pm

I recall having the same issue. Try turning off “multi-frame rendering” in AE Memory & Performance preferences. Restart AE, load project and then send to ME..

• Stacey Dunleavy

November 30, 2021 at 9:09 pm

Still doing the same thing… I’ll try again…

• Eric Santiago

December 1, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Have you tried other workflows such as a basic h264?

There is a long-standing issue with AE and AME well documented at the Adobe Forum.

A lot of unhappy people.

I had the same issue with older versions but went away with CC2021.
    The issue occurs in CC2022 for me 😛

• Stacey Dunleavy

December 1, 2021 at 3:23 pm

It doesn’t seem to matter what video profile I choose, it just… sits… there…

Are you on a Mac or PC?

• Eric Santiago

December 1, 2021 at 7:35 pm

The issue (according to Adobe Forum) is on both platforms.
    I experienced it on the Mac side.

From High Sierra up to Big Sur same issues.

I am fine with the current Big Sur and CC2021.

• Levi Borland

December 2, 2021 at 12:46 pm

I knowI know that you have already tried, and this will sound very level 1 support savvy. However, this very well could be an issue with the installation of Adobe Media encoder. As I’m sure you are very well aware, media encoder we’ll install alongside your installation of Adobe After Effects. Several times now, I have had similar as well as completely on relevant problems working with the new 22 release of After effects. What I would suggest you do, and this works for me most of the time but not always, is to just uninstall After Effects, media encoder, as well as the Adobe Creative Cloud application. Then reinstall the Adobe Creative Cloud collection application, and then of course reinstall both Adobe After Effects 2022 and Adobe Media encoder 2022. For an additional description of what could be causing this problem, it is most likely an issue with Adobe Dynamic linking between After Effects and Adobe Media encoder. I have just within the past few days used media encoder to export a gif without any problems. It isn’t likely any configurational setting on your computer that is causing this issue. So sometimes the simplest way and most direct path is to reinstall the software. Just to save you the trouble and time, I am also suggesting to reinstall the Adobe CC creative app during this process as that has sometimes been a required and necessary extra step from my experience while trying to resolve similar and non related issues here on my end.

• Stacey Dunleavy

December 2, 2021 at 3:46 pm

I’ll try that on my Mac – I don’t think I have the admin status on my office PC. In the meantime, I did manage to Add To Render Queue, save an .AVI file, and open that in Media Encoder – I saved my animated GIF, and I’ll test other configurations later.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy