Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve Advice on workflow

• Advice on workflow

David Baud updated 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Alex Gat

May 11, 2021 at 9:49 am

Hello everyone,

I just came back from a month shooting abroad.

I had a in camera sound and a sound station recording stereo and lavalier mics.

As I don’t have any timecode generator, I set the camera and the sound station clock every morning.

In DR 17, I creating multicam timelines for every day shooting based on time code.

Now I have to synchronised everything by hand, no choice.

However, I have a few questions :

1) some timelines have a lot of space before the first clip (audio or video) and a lot of space after, is there a way to get rid of that empty space ? Off course I could select all and move the clips at the very begining of the timeline but then I loose the approximative timecode of the shooting (helpful to remind myself when it was shot)

2) sound track are associated with a video track even though there is not video on them, How can I get read of video empty tracks ? Sometime with one camera I have 4 tracks of audio and it become a space problem on my timeline.

thanks for your feedback,

Alex

• David Baud

May 13, 2021 at 12:43 am

Why do you have to synchronize by hand? Resolve provide you with the possibility of syncing your footage automatically by comparing the camera mic sound waveform to your master sound waveform. If you have fair sound level recording, in my experience it works pretty well.

#1 – it sounds to me you prefer to keep it that way…

#2 – if you mouse click-right in the head tracks, you can select Delete Empty Tracks. Is it what you are looking for?

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy