Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Broadcasting ADVC 1000 problem

• ADVC 1000 problem

Paul Redgrove updated 11 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • Paul Redgrove

November 5, 2009 at 8:27 am

Hi All

I’ve borrowed a colleagues Grass Valley ADVC 1000 to send pictures from my FCP on MacBook Pro via SDI to a broadcast monitor and on. Problem is I can’t get anything except noise up on the monitor. I know images are going down the firewire as I tested it with a camera and the ADVC has picked up a signal/stream. Is there some basic procedure I’m failing dismally to adhere to? I don’t have a manual but know it works as it has in the past…

Cheers

Paul

• Baz Leffler

November 6, 2009 at 12:08 am

Have you got the ADVC1000 set to DV-SDI? (right hand side button). It should display DV timecode in the display window.

Baz

What would I do without the ‘UNDO’ button!!!!

• Paul Redgrove

November 6, 2009 at 8:11 am

Hi Baz
    Yup and it generates a timecode and indicates a stream with audio…infuriating as I know it works!

Cheers

Paul

Paul Redgrove

• Baz Leffler

November 7, 2009 at 2:35 am

Paul – I have a MBP and an ADVC1000 in my facilities here. If you haven’t sorted it out yet I can hook them up here and see if I can replicate your problem.

Just let me know.

Baz

What would I do without the ‘UNDO’ button!!!!

• Paul Redgrove

November 15, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Hi Baz

Never got the damned thing to work. Tried everything. Had it running through firewire onto camera no problem. Thing is my edits suffered form cutting wihtout a monitor and if it’s a persistant problem then I’ll have to look at other setups…although my desire for a fully functional mobiel FCP with Black Magic, monitor etc etc continues to fall on deaf ears…

Cheers

Paul

Paul Redgrove

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy