- October 13, 2016 at 4:43 pm
I’m using an AJA Kona 3G card (it’s getting old I know) I’ve been pairing it with the capture abilities of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 to capture old U-Matics and VHS. I have only need to capture a stereo signal. Unfortunately, even though I select the 2 channel/stereo option in the premiere settings, I still get two discrete mono tracks. QuickTime seems to “fix” what I’m listening to, but if I play in VLC I can only pick on of the tracks to playback – not play it stereo. So the problem is that it’s telling me that it will be stereo but it’s actually creating discrete mono channel. Discrete mono channels is an option itself but it seems to output that no matter what I choose.
For testing purposes, I’ve used a less polished capture software that gives me the option of discrete or stereo tracks and it worked but it has other issues which is why I want to use Adobe Premiere. The options in this other software are essentially the same as the options in Premiere when you choose stereo or discrete. In other words it seems to have nothing to do with the Kona 3G card settings, which I have also verified, changed, tested – all with the same result: two discrete audio tracks 1 channel each.
I appreciate any help!!
- October 13, 2016 at 8:12 pm
Sorry, I don’t have the hardware to check this out but I’ll see if I can get someone to look into it.
I recommend you reach out to AJA support. Those guys are very helpful and knowledgeable in this area.
AJA also has capture software. Have you tried it? I’ve heard good things.
- October 13, 2016 at 10:53 pm
Thank you for replying so soon. I appreciate that. Yes I have used Control Room previous to Adobe Premiere, but with the version I was using at the time, I had some issues that I couldn’t resolve and Adobe gave us a few more options at that point. I did however find a slightly newer installer on the AJA website for the Kona 3G whic h seem to reset something in the system. Now it captures fine and honestly it’s become my workaround.
Within Control Room if you click between 1 & 2 or any other pair a + sign appears indicating a stereo pair. When I run a tape through it, the result in Media Info is actually one audio track with 2 channels. After that installation, I then opened up a new template in Premiere and attempted the same thing with result of 2 tracks each with one channel; despite my having chosen “2 channels, stereo.”
The creation of the stereo pair in AJA Control Room seems to be the same as telling Premiere “2 channels, stereo” but it just not actually outputting that.
I will reach out to AJA. I was hopeful that this updated installer would work since it included some upgraded operational ability with Adobe products.
Log in to reply.