Inherited an old Avid project and all source files are intact at a folder level but the AAF will not play nice in Resolve (16x to 17x). I can open the Avid file and everything is intact except bins are pointing to the MXFs (proxy) and not the actual source.
During AAF export using the proven options, it seems to be fine until I open it in Resolve.
All sources are in Media Pool but AAF is not at all correct.
Weird clips all over the place and oddities where the clip is red (missing) but when you select and find it in the media pool it shows a healthy-looking clip.
This is the oddest issue I’ve ever run into.
I have made numerous AAF exports and they all do the same thing.
Another oddity is that when AAF is imported into Premiere, the sequence is correct.
However, the clips are pointing to the Avid MediaFiles folder.
I can walk away from this project easily damn I love a challenge 🙂
One thought is to export an xml from Pr and bring that into Resolve. Do the proxys have the same name & timecode as the master /mxf files? If so just pre loading the full res should lead to a proper relink.
I haven’t tried V18beta yet but relinking and better management of file linking is a touted feature.
If the dailies you were handed were not done properly, that would explain a relinking problem.
If I have relinking issues, the first thing I try to do is a relink to raw in Avid instead.
(If it works, I make an aaf with raw source into Resolve.)
From there I can see what is and isn’t coming in, and compare the metadata for a clip that works to that of a clip that doesn’t work…what is different. I’m guessing you have a tape id/reel id issue from the resolve side of things.
But I would also check for timecode consistency between the proxys and the raw.