Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro 8 and 1/2 hours to render a 30 minute video?

• 8 and 1/2 hours to render a 30 minute video?

• Clif Willard

December 11, 2008 at 4:30 am

I just rendered a 30 minute video to .avi NTSC-DV through Adobe Media Center. It took 8 hours, 25 minutes. That can’t be right. Can it? In the task manager, the CPUs were running at full capacity. Nothing else was running on the computer.

I captured the video in Premiere Pro CS4. The original audio track was mono so I extracted it to Audition to put it on both tracks and reduce noise. I couldn’t find a way to do that in Premiere Pro CS4 and there is no help or manual. I then put it back in Premiere and rendered it. Am I missing something here?

Thank you,

Clif

My System config.

MSI K8T Master2-FAR
    Dual AMD Opteron Processors 244
    1.8 GHz.Each, 2.00 GB RAM
    Raid 0 220 GB
    Second HD, 250 GB Matrox
    GeForce 7800 GT Video Card
    M-Audio Firewire 410 Audio Card (External)

Permiere Pro CS4
    Encore CS4
    After Effects CS3
    Photoshop CS2
    Adobe Illustrator CS3
    Audition 3.0

• mike velte

December 11, 2008 at 11:38 am

If your source was HD, HDV or AVCHD then the time to render is normal. If you chose noise reduction or some other computationally challenging effect, then it is normal.

• Clif Willard

December 11, 2008 at 6:05 pm

I appreciate your response,

The source was a standard NTSC DV .avi Premiere capture. No blur but I did use color correction and the audio was changed by adding audio to the right track. Nothing else.

If this is normal, what can I do to speed it up?

Clif Willard
    NON ILLIGITIMI CARBORUNDUM

• Shannon Appleby

December 11, 2008 at 9:34 pm

If you applied a color correction to the entire 30 minutes or even a large portion of it, then yes, I can see this taking that long to render. You are not on a very fast system for doing fast renders from the looks of it. I am on a Dual / Dual Core system with 3GB of RAM and I would render something like that at the end of the day when I can have it done in the morning.

Shannon Appleby
    My Boyz Productions
    J&P Cycles Inc.
    Anamosa, Iowa
    AVID Xpress Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, PC, NO MAC, Brightcove

• Clif Willard

December 12, 2008 at 6:19 am

I appreciate your info. I think I will do as you suggest for now. I was just surprised that it took so long. The capture was real time. I did not expect rendering to be real time, I know better but 8 1/2 hours seemed a little long. But what is is.

Thanks,

Clif

Clif Willard

• Jeff Brown

December 12, 2008 at 1:56 pm

It would be worth double-checking that you do not have “noise reduction” turned on as a filter in Media Encoder. It kills rendering time.

-jeff

• Jake Williams

December 16, 2008 at 2:54 am

That sounds like too much time for the render. Are you using 7200rpm drives? Do you have a separate media drive?

• Clif Willard

December 17, 2008 at 5:22 am

I did check and no I did not have any noise effect. I decided to re-do the entire project. When I rendered it through media encoder the second time it took 2 and 1/2 hours. I tried to find the problem in the original but I had to fly blind. I must have set something without knowing it. It really makes me angry that Adobe ships the program without any manual or help file. clearly The web based help is a nightmare and utterly useless. Premiere Pro CS4 is the last program I will purchase from Adobe. A program is useless without a manual. The best online training in the world is not a substitute for a manual with a good index.

I rendered the original captured file through Encore CS4 and it took only 1 hour 32 minutes. The DVD did “stick” on a frame for a short time. Not sure why. Might be timecode error but non were reported during the capture.

Thanks,

Clif

Clif Willard

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy