Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Blackmagic Design 64-bit XP support with Decklink?

• 64-bit XP support with Decklink?

• Peter Corbett

August 22, 2005 at 11:25 pm

Just curious. Will Decklink drivers load onto WinXP64?

Peter Corbett
    Powerhouse Productions
    Australia
    http://www.php.com.au

• Luke Maslen

August 22, 2005 at 11:54 pm

Hi Peter,

Currently there are no 64-bit video applications which could take advantage of the 64-bit version of Windows XP and so there seems to be no demand for a 64-bit version of the DeckLink drivers. I’m sure we’ll develop a 64-bit version at some stage but, given they would provide you with no benefit at this time, our engineers can make better use of their time developing features that will help right now. I don’t know how the DeckLink drivers would go on a Windows XP 64-bit OS as we haven’t performed exhaustive testing for the reason above. Accordingly we will continue to recommend the Windows XP Pro with SP2 for the moment but this could change if video applications are updated to take advantage of WinXP64.

Regards,

Luke Maslen
    Blackmagic Design

• Peter Corbett

August 23, 2005 at 9:42 am

Thanks Luke, the tech stuff of coding is beyond me but hopefully PPro and Decklink can marry in 64-land in the not too distant future.

Peter Corbett
    Powerhouse Productions
    Australia
    http://www.php.com.au

• Michael Grossmann

August 24, 2005 at 3:22 pm

Hallo Luke,

contrary to your opinion I think that there are advantages of 64bit windows even with 32bit software. For example you can use more memory than before. I have 4GB of memory installed but under 32bit windows only 3GB are available. I know that 32bit software can only use 2GB or even 3GB with the /3gb switch but this additional GB would make it possible running two application simultaneously both with 2GB. As far as I know most of the applications such as Premiere Pro 1.5, combustion or lightwave are running under x64 without issues. The only reason for me why not updating to windows x64 is that there are no 64-bit Decklink drivers.

Regards,
    Michael

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy