Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Zaxwerks .3DS

• .3DS

Posted by Craig C smith on May 3, 2005 at 3:25 am

I am a little confused. I have AE Pro with Invig 4.03 windows version. I am trying to figure out how to import a 3DS file into Invig 4.03. I am creating the file in Ulead COOL 3D Production Studio. I do not see where I can import anything into Invig 4.03. I see where I can Create Text, open Ill File, Creative 3D file or Create new scene. Am I missing something? Also I tried to upgrade to 4.04 but I never get the email link. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Craig C smith replied 19 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jon Okerstrom

May 3, 2005 at 4:34 am

Hi ccsmith7,

You said you had AE Pro, but didn’t mention which version of Invig you have – Classic or Pro. Invigorator Pro allows you to import 3D models from other aps.

Jon

• Matt Rhodes

May 3, 2005 at 5:23 am

Hi.

Assuming you’re using Invig Pro (it seems you are since you can create text), you have two options:

1. When the Startup dialog (the one that gives you the options to create text, open an Ill file, etc.) appears,
    type Ctrl+I (or Cmd+I on the Mac) — as in Import a 3D Object. A file dialog will ask you to locate your 3D file.

or

2. When the Startup dialog appears, create a new scene. Then, in the Options/Set-Up window, open the Object tab below
    the 3D preview window. Inside that tab, there is an Object menu has an option called “Import 3D Object.” Choose that option. A file
    dialog will ask you to locate your 3D file.

Let me know if you need more assistance on any of these steps. I realize I made a few assumptions regarding your
    level of expertise with the software.

Matt Rhodes
    Zaxwerks, Inc.

• Craig C smith

May 3, 2005 at 6:01 pm

Pro Invig 4.03 AE

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy