Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects 3D Camera Tracking + Trapcode Particular (v 5.0.3) [ISSUE]

• 3D Camera Tracking + Trapcode Particular (v 5.0.3) [ISSUE]

• Jad Al-Masri

August 5, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Hello,

I am trying to add particles to footage involving a camera flying through a 3D scene on the Z-axis. I want these particles to be tracked to the camera’s movement so that it appears that the camera is flying through these particles. The best example I have found is one created by Beeple, accessible here (https://youtu.be/WlfcqRTTcsA?t=174).

The issue I am encountering is that the particles do not last for the entire camera movement. Specifically, the particles are tracked to the camera’s movement but only appear for a few seconds and do not continue to emit, unlike Beeple’s example. I have attached a screen recording for illustration purposes. The project file is also linked below if that can assist in determining a solution.

I am using the latest version of Particular and After Effects.

Thank you.

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• Jad Al-Masri

August 7, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated.

• Jad Al-Masri

August 10, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Walter Soyka

August 12, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Once the camera passes your emitter in the scene, you can’t see the particles anymore — they’re emitting behind the camera now.

You either need to make the emitter larger (so it covers the entire range of your camera’s motion), or you need to move the emitter with the camera.

• Eric Santiago

August 12, 2021 at 1:29 pm

Walter is correct.
    Have you checked other views a to how the particles react at the point of it disappearing from your main camera view?

Sometimes it just takes off someplace else.

That’s what I run into most of the time.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy