Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › 25fps in a 23.98 sequence

  • 25fps in a 23.98 sequence

    Posted by Jamie Derooy on March 19, 2013 at 4:06 pm

    Hey Folks,

    I am editing a show in a 23.98 sequence in FCP7. For one of the segments (shot at a different time than the rest) on a 2 camera shoot, one camera was set properly to shoot 24 BUT the 2nd camera was set to record at 25FPS.

    Luckily they noted before the second weekend shoot, but I have a few episodes where I need to deal with this.

    How best do I work with this issue? Is there a transcoding procedure I can use? Is it better to just bring the footage into the 23.98 sequence and work with it?

    Thanks again!

    Jamie Derooy replied 13 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Shane Ross

    March 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm

    If you don’t need exact sync…meaning you don’t need to multiclip it, you can use Cinema Tools to “conform” the 25fps to 24fps. It will slow it down slightly, but not noticeably.

    Hmmmm…Nattress.com has a STANDARDS CONVERTER plugin to convert 25 to 30 and 30 to 25…but I don’t see 25 to 24.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Jamie Derooy

    March 19, 2013 at 5:19 pm

    Thanks for the reply. I can bring it into the sequence and it the sync seems closer (incrementally going off of course) at 25 than when I try going through Cinema tools. If this is working, is there another reason I shouldn’t just work with it in the sequence?

    Our final delivery for this is is going to be a convert to 29.97 if that info helps.

    Thanks again!

  • Jamie Derooy

    March 19, 2013 at 6:53 pm

    Thanks for the note on Twixtor. I did a test exporting through Cinema Tools and an export through After Effects with Twixtor and found that Twixtor worked great, retaining length where Cinema Tools didn’t (this could have been a matter of me not doing it exactly proper)

    I’m going to toss these ideas around the office and see if we end up getting Twixtor to remedy this.

    Thanks again!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy