Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › 1920×1080 60p footage, what render setting ?

  • 1920×1080 60p footage, what render setting ?

    Posted by Ron Chau on April 10, 2009 at 3:50 am

    Just got a Sanyo FH1 which shoots 1920×1080 60p on to sd card in mp4 format. Raw footage played from camcorder to HDTV is fantastic.

    Vegas is buggy importing the 60p footage. Work around is to import some Sanyo 60i footage 1st.

    What render should I use ? Looking to view on an HDTV via blueray, camcorder or Western digital media player. So far I have not found a decent render format. Everything has come out a noticeable drop off from the raw played from the cam. Don’t have this problem with 1080i footage from my FX7 and HV20.

    Ron Chau replied 17 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • John Rofrano

    April 10, 2009 at 2:03 pm

    You’re probably seeing a drop in quality because the Sanyo doesn’t shoot in a format that is compatible with Blu-ray like your FX7 and HV20 so it has to be re-encoded to become compliant which means a quality loss while encoding. I would simply avoid using a camera that doesn’t shoot to a standard format like AVCHD or HDV.

    Have you tried using MainConcept MPEG-2 with the HDV 1080-60i template? That should give you good quality video since the bitrate should be higher than the Sanyo can capture.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Ron Chau

    April 10, 2009 at 6:49 pm

    Sanyo is shooting mpeg4 h.264. Their 1920×1080 60p is recorded at 24mbps. I’ll keep trying different render templates. I just thought their would some kind of standard render format for this footage.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy