Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › 17 fps to 18 fps

  • 17 fps to 18 fps

    Posted by Daniele Carrer on November 2, 2013 at 9:43 am

    Hi guys
    I did a film transfer with Moviesfuff machine Retro 8. Incredibly the frame rate of the video created is 17 fps, even if super 8 films were shot at 18 fps and normal 8 at 16 fps. Unfortunately the Company who did the job didn’t save JPGs 1:1, as the machine allowed to do, so I can’t work out with them by importing JPEG sequence with most of editing software and choosing the frame rate I want to.
    As you know there are 2 ways to convert the frame rate: duplicating frames or speeding up/slowing down the video. Most of the software like FCP or MPEGSTREAMCLIP work in the first way, but the problem is that I need to speed up 17 fps to convert them to 18. I first tried to “fool” Final Cut creating an 18 fps sequence (Yes you can by exoporting, editing and re-importing XML!), importing the 17 fps video in the sequence and speeding it up at the right rate, which in this case is 105.88%, but watching the footage frame by frame shows sometimes duplicated frames. It’s 3 days I’m dealing with this and I can’t find any answers in forums. Does anyone know how to do that job?

    Daniele Carrer replied 12 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy