Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects 16:9 codec?

• 16:9 codec?

Jason updated 15 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • sostroud

April 8, 2005 at 4:04 pm

Up until this point I have exclusively used the Avid codec to make quicktime movies for importnig to my Adrenaline system. However, that codec does not allow any comp sizes other than 720×486. Now, I am working in 16:9 (864×486) and need to render for import to Avid. What codec is best for doing this? Thanks for your help.

Steve

• Matt Larson

April 8, 2005 at 5:28 pm

when you go to render out your comp, click on your render settings and check the box next to “Stretch”. Change it to 720 x 486. This will squeeze your comp into an anamorphic image. When you bring this into Avid make sure you import it as an Anamorphic 16;9 clip and everything should be good to go (I don’t use Avid though).

Your codec choice shouldn’t matter.

• Michael

April 8, 2005 at 7:33 pm

Use the quicktime animation codec…. it imports quickly into the Adrenalines we have here… and allows 32 bit files.

Note: we do not use 16:9 setups nomally here on our AVIDs…I have tried rendering the 16×9 footage w the AVID meridian codec and it DOES NOT like files bigger than 720×486.

However animation codec movies import into our adrenaline correctly…

• hans van vliet

April 8, 2005 at 10:28 pm

Hey, we do 16:9 at work all the time but we use pal on an avid dv mojo and Meridian setup. You just want to make it anamorphic. There is a setup for it on the comp setups. What I do is drag the finished comp into another comp that has an anamorphic setup. When you make the new comp just select > preset > ‘NTSC DV Widescreen 720×480’ and it’ll strech it for you there. You can also just do the strech on the output as well (which is what sostroud) suggested. Then you just crush the screen to a 16:9 setup and it’s all good.

Anyways, hope it works.

..::hunz..

• Jason

April 9, 2005 at 1:00 pm

i wouldnt use the stretch function in the render que really ever unless you are making stuff for the web.
    i would take your 864×486 comp and drag it into a 720×486 comp set to widescreen (1.2) it will make the comp anamorphic in that it will be strectched vertically. use the animation codec and then import to avid and enable 16×9 monitoring by control-clicking in your record monitor side and setting to 16×9. also hit the button on your NTSC monitor for 16×9.

should work like a charm.

good luck,
    j

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy