Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › 16-9 to 4-3 on export

  • 16-9 to 4-3 on export

    Posted by Deleted User on August 31, 2007 at 12:02 am

    Hello,

    I am working with a 16-9 camera, I want to capture into the 16-9 dv pal setting. However, I need to deliver a tape laoff from the edit in 16-9 which is no problem.

    The main issue is that the web encodes and other jobs need the 16-9 footage to be in 4-3. How best would I proceed to make my 16-9 edit 4-3 encoded in the Adobe Media Encoder in Premiere Pro cs2?

    Can it easily be done making my 16-9 footage into a 4-3 video on output to a wmv web stream?

    Thanks,

    Leo

    Deleted User replied 19 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mike Velte

    August 31, 2007 at 10:28 am

    Import the 16:9 video into a 4:3 project. Right click on the video in the project window and choose “Interpret Footage” and change the PAR to 1.2 (NTSC).
    Once on the timeline you have 2 choices as your video now hangs over the left and right edges of the program window and will be cut off on export;
    1. Do a pan/scan to keep the interesting parts on screen.
    2. Resize the clip to fit in the window and accept black bars top and bottom in the exported file.

  • Deleted User

    August 31, 2007 at 11:54 pm

    Hello Mike,

    Thanks for the tips, I was thinking of that same approach doing an interpret, using the pan/scan does this increase the render time a lot?

    Leo

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy