-
-12.5 Pixel Aspect Ratio Question
I’ve prepared several stills in Photoshop CS for use in FCP, and pixel aspect ratio was changed to non-square accordingly. (The FCP sequence is set to DV/NTSC 720×480 non-square as well.)
After importing the stills into FCP, I’ve noticed that under the Motion>Distort tab a -12.5 Aspect Ratio setting is automatically applied to those that are either less than or greater than full screen (720×480) in size. No such correction is being applied to images that are 720×480 however.
My questions are:
1) Is this -12.5 setting some kind of automatic correction that FCP applies to all non 720×480 stills (i.e. despite their native PAR)?
2) If so, is this automatic correction some kind of preference that can be turned off, or do I have to manually re-set the PAR from -12.5 back to zero after importing into FCP?Many thanks for any insight and assistance.
Sorry, there were no replies found.