Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro 10 second of waiting after pressing Space on a certain sequence

• 10 second of waiting after pressing Space on a certain sequence

• Yonatan Koritny

July 26, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Hi there!

It take ages (10 seconds!!!) for the playback to start rolling and sometimes it gets chopy, but only on one certain sequence.

If it was happening on all of the sequences I would have said it may be an hardware problem, but it only happens on a certain 1 hour long sequence. Other Longer sequences works just fine.

Starting a new squance and copying the clips doesnt fix it. It might be a certain rotten clip that “spoils the bunch” but I have no idea which one it is.

Anyone has any idea what to do?

Thanks!

• Ann Bens

July 26, 2021 at 5:50 pm

15.2 and previous versions have an issue with nested audio, which causes strange behavior: delete from timeline or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Fixed in 15.4.

• Santanu Bhattacharjee

July 27, 2021 at 5:10 am

This is because the OS takes time to fetch the file. Once fetched, the read is seamless. I had suggested to Adobe to use a read ahead algorithm. Once you play a sequence, it is obvious that the next clip will most likely be played. Unless you are jumping the play head back and forth. IMHO, Adobe should implement this feature.

However, 10 seconds is a bit too long. Please check if you have a slow ailing HDD or a fragmented one. You may need to defragment it.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy