Designed by experts behind Netflix and Amazon productions; Available now on disguise Learn
Today disguise announces the launch of Virtual Production Workflows, a free virtual production course available to anyone online on disguise Learn. The course was created by disguise experts after twenty years of experience helping to power virtual stages for Netflix and Amazon Prime shows, ITV and TUDN broadcasts, and more.
From designing a volume to ACES color management, Virtual Production Workflows will take creatives through nine modules tailor-made to enhance virtual production skills. The learning planincludes:
- Virtual Production Primer—learn the differences between VP and xR, and gain an insight into the components needed for professional virtual production.
- Volume Design—explore how to design your volume, including selecting cameras, sensors, lenses, and HDRI techniques.
- Stage Setup for Virtual Production—learn to configure virtual production stages with disguise’s Designer software, including LED model integration and camera setup.
- Virtual Production Stage Calibrations—discover calibration best practices to optimize your virtual production setup.
- Color Management—a comprehensive introduction to color management in virtual production, including practical applications in Notch, Adobe, Davinci Resolve, and more.
- Mapping Types for Virtual Production—learn about Direct, Parallel, Feed, and Spherical Mappings, as well as advanced methods like MRSet and Mesh Mapping.
- Advanced Content workflows—explore cutting-edget content programming techniques including camera positioning and perspective mapping, and 360 workflows.
- RenderStream—learn how to use disguise’s RenderStream infrastructure to connect your physical stage to your virtual set.
- Data Management for Virtual Production—discover how to manage content including storage and retrieval to streamline virtual production workflows.
Creatives who complete the course will be awarded an online certificate, and for anyone who wants to go further by getting hands-on in a volume, disguise also offers the on-set Virtual Production Accelerator learning experience in LA, New York, the UK, and Barcelona.
“Anyone using disguise that wants to take their virtual production skills to the next level should look no further than the Virtual Production Workflow plan,” says Alex Lapthorne, Global Head of Training at disguise. “With just the click of a button, you can embark on a free learning experience that’ll empower you to shine on your next virtual production project.”
Pricing and Availability
You can access disguise Learn today for free at disguise Learn.
Enjoying the news? Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, jobs, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, and your first and last name below!