Following Successful Showcases at NAB and Cannes Film Festival, the Invisible Solution Brings Real-time Characters and Effects to Productions of all Sizes and Budgets
disguise has announced the immediate availability of Invisible — a complete technology bundle for real-time markerless motion capture developed in partnership with Move.ai. By removing the need for markers, wearable suits and long calibration setups, Invisible allows anyone to easily mirror their movements onto a character rig within disguise’s Designer software, all in real time.
The solution — which can track up to two people at once — leverages Move.ai’s patented Invisible real-time markerless mocap software to extract natural human motion from video using advanced AI. Faster, easier and more cost-effective live motion capture on set or on stage is here!
Whether it’s for a live broadcast watched by millions, a concert crossing into the metaverse or the latest feature film, creative teams can leverage the Invisible solution to stand out to audiences in new ways. For broadcasters, the motion capture data can be used to drive gesture-triggered graphs and scene changes or accurate shadows for talent on set. For filmmakers, it enables the capture of 3D characters that seamlessly interact with real actors or even drive movement-triggered effects like smoke and fire. For live event companies, the Invisible solution can transport performers into a game universe with avatars that instantly replicate their movements, without restrictive and expensive mocap suits.
No compromises need be made to creative vision, with motion capture data directly integrated into the disguise Designer software for complete control and visibility throughout production. The Invisible software integrates with the scalable processing capabilities of disguise hardware, ensuring a high-fidelity real-time output to LED stages and virtual production volumes of various sizes.
Additional benefits for customers include:
- Stress-free creativity — Talent can act without restrictions, enabling them to give their best performance.
- Faster turnarounds — Get real-time motion capture that’s set up and ready to go in a matter of hours, not weeks.
- More cost-effective productions — Save time and money by eliminating the need for extensive post-production work, all while no longer needing to transport cast and crew to new locations.
- Automated graphics — In broadcast and xR productions, graphics are typically triggered manually by an operator, requiring rigorous choreographing and tracking systems and an expensive Capex procurement model for multi-cam systems. With Invisible, you can simply automate your graphics by triggering them through movement.
To demonstrate the powerful integration that stems from the disguise and Move.ai partnership, experimental creative studio FutureDeluxe took its multi-platform Spirits 3.0 avatars into Unreal Engine. It then built a custom environment for an interactive, markerless motion capture experience on stage at Cannes Film Festival earlier this month.
Svet Lapcheva, Executive Producer / Client Partner at FutureDeluxe, said, “We’re exceptionally excited to have created the demo for the Invisible solution showcase at Cannes. Working directly with disguise and Move.ai allowed us to create a visual experience that looked and worked brilliantly thanks to the seamless integration between both platforms. Markerless motion tracking in Unreal Engine opens up vast creative possibilities that allow directors, designers and artists to achieve much more in a faster and more reliable way, while seeing a final quality product at every stage of creation.”
About the Invisible solution
The Invisible solution is a bundled offering supported exclusively by disguise. It includes the following components:
- disguise MX Move data processing hardware, purpose-built to run the Invisible software;
- FLIR Blackfly® S GigE machine vision cameras;
- TAMRON 2.8mm, Goyo 3.5mm or LCM 4mm fixed focal length camera lenses, depending on the size of the LED volume;
- Netgear MS510TXPP network switch, supplying power over Ethernet for the cameras.
The bundle is now available and comes in three different sizes — small, medium and large — depending on the size of your setup and the amount of performers you are looking to track. To enable real-time markerless motion capture with the Invisible solution, a minimum of one disguise vx or gx machine is also needed for graphics processing and one disguise rx II for real-time rendering.
Enjoying the news? Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, jobs, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, and your first and last name below!