First in-person event to see the post-production industry’s most popular plugins since 2019.
Broadcast editors and artists attending NAB in Las Vegas, Nevada (April 23-27) will receive the first in-person demos of the powerful and newly updated Boris FX Suite. The Suite combines Boris FX’s award-winning plugins (Sapphire, Continuum, Mocha Pro, Silhouette, and Optics) into the ultimate cost-effective bundle. Boris FX will showcase the newest visual effects, video editing, compositing, planar tracking, rotoscoping, and photography tools and give technology previews of upcoming releases.
What’s New in the Boris FX Suite
- Sapphire 2022: Improved Adobe MFR support and native Apple M1 support, adds free Photoshop plugin, new LUT-based grades with S_ColorFuse, Mocha splines integrated into S_UltraZap, 350 curated presets, OCIO V2 support.
- Continuum 2022: Adds Adobe MFR support, native Apple M1 support, Particle Illusion Fluid Dynamics, 60+ movie and TV looks, 6 blurs, 50+ gobo effects, and integrated Mocha to all BCC+ effects.
- Mocha Pro 2022.5 (technology preview): Adds pre-processing controls to solve complex shots, updated lens calibration tools, right-click Surface controls, GStreamer support for Apple’s latest M1 silicon hardware, improved 360/VR for immersive video creators.
- Silhouette 2022 (technology preview): Adds Sapphire, Mocha Pro, Particle Illusion, and select Continuum effect nodes, InPaint node to remove objects and make clean plates without manual paint, tracking & roto improvements, optimized native Apple M1 support, OCIO v2.
- Continuum FCP 2022 (technology preview): Adds Mocha planar tracking and masking tools, 11 creative effects including light leaks, video glitch, and camera shake, 15 transitions, 60 film/TV looks, native Apple M1 support.
- Optics 2022: Adds Particle Illusion, Sapphire effects (lighting, render, and distort), native Apple M1 support and Metal GPU acceleration, improved masking with alpha support for Photoshop, 2000+ additional presets.
The Boris FX Suite supports popular host applications, including Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid, and OFX hosts Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Foundry, and VEGAS Pro.
Demos & Presentations
Boris FX product team members are available for group and one-on-one demos at partner AMD’s Booth #N1015 (view map of North Hall). The team will demonstrate the Boris FX Suite’s significant speed improvements when used in combination with the latest release of Adobe After Effects and AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors.
Results may vary based on individual plugins, frame size, etc. The full Boris FX Suite benefits from the blazing-fast combination of Adobe After Effects Multi-Frame Rendering (MFR) and Threadripper PRO, including the flagship 64 core AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX.
Sapphire plugins showcase the most impressive speed gains. Sapphire 2022 is 50% faster on average when used with Adobe After Effects MFR and AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors (compared to previous versions of After Effects). Specific Sapphire plugins, such as Hollywood’s favorite Sapphire S_Glow, can render up to 67% faster. Learn more about AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors.
Boris FX at AMD Booth
- Sunday, April 24th — 10:00-12:00pm PDT, and 3:00-5:00pm PDT
- Monday, April 25th — 10:00-12:00pm PDT, and 3:00-5:00pm PDT
- Tuesday, April 26th — 10:00-12:00pm PDT, and 3:00-5:00pm PDT
Post Production World
Nick Harauz, director of product marketing and video training expert, will be presenting two sessions at the Post Production World conference.
- Cinema-Quality Effects in Final Cut Pro — Monday, April 25th, 12:30-1:45 pm PDT (N231/N233/N235).
- Effective Tracking with Mocha — Monday, April 25th, 2:00-3:15 pm PDT (N232/234/236). Learn more about the session.
Boris FX is also a sponsor at the annual Supermeet on Monday, April 25th, from 7:00 -11:00 pm at Beer Park (3655 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89109). Learn more and purchase tickets.
From now through Friday, April 29th, at midnight PDT, customers can save up to 50% off everything Boris FX offers. Learn more.
- 50% off product bundles — new perpetual licenses (node-locked only).
- 25% off everything else — includes the Boris FX Suite, Bundle subscriptions & upgrades, individual products, units, and more (node-locked only).
- Sale is limited to one new product purchase per customer.
- Monthly subscriptions are discounted for the first month only. Renews at list price.
Enjoying the news? Sign up now for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, a first and last name, and let us know what you’d like to see more of in the message!