Hello Daniel,
My buddy Jay Rose is inclined to say things like that, but even he will admit that its usually takes from the same session unless the talent is immensely “the same” over different projects. Jay was usually saying that for spots, where VO is more structured (less variable).
Even if you have the ear, the tools and know how to use them, there’s only so much you can do.
I think the goal here is to use this experience to firm up communications with your client so it either doesn’t happen again, or they are just open to the fact that downstream changes do have a price.
I had Northrop Grumman for a client for many years and they would routinely send me a script. I’d do it and there were usually at least three changes. The video people there knew their own people would be evolving the projects and would require changes. It was SOP. Don’t be afraid to get paid for that.
Regards,
Ty Ford
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Watch Ty play guitar