[Bob Cole] “Interesting point, and something I’ve never done. I simply turn the wireless on and check it. Are you saying that having the wireless receiver do the scanning will pick up a problem that my seat-of-the-pants practice does not?
I’m thinking of buying an additional wireless set (probably the Sennheiser G3), and have two questions:
Band A or Band B?
Small camera-mountable receiver or larger receiver? My application is mainly run-and-gun, which argues for the former, unless the larger receiver would be far superior.”
Hi Bob,
Scanning can help, but sometimes even scanning can’t get you out of a jam. If you’re in the same basic town, like Baltimore, I like A, 518-554MHz. The new G3 are a bit more narrow, but still A. That’s what I have.
Camera/bag is fine. The larger receiver is not battery powerable.
Regards,
Ty Ford
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Watch Ty play guitar