Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Serious Project File Corruption in FCP 5.0 and FCP 5.0.2

  • Mitch Ives

    August 5, 2005 at 4:04 pm

    [Chris Tomberlin] “Plus, there are some real problems with the 10 bit codec right now. Do search in the After Effects and Blackmagic forums and you’ll see what I mean…”

    What did they change… it was working fine before?

    Mitch Ives
    Insight Productions Corp.
    mitch@insightproductions.com
    http://www.insightproductions.com

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 5, 2005 at 10:31 pm

    [Walter Biscardi] “I think it’s definitely some sort of a buggy still frame thing that has not been solve in FCP 5.0 and want to run some tests to see how easy / hard it is to set off this issue.”

    I can confirm that this is definitely a bug. Even with Memory Cache set to 50% (1GB) I got the issue again today when I was trimming a Nest in a sequence. Got the red screen, got the “Not Found!” error followed by the “Out of Memory” Error. Quit FCP, Trashed Prefs, Reset the Memory Cache to 50%, re-opened my project and all was well.

    Will test soon and see what exactly will make it trip.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy