Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Audio Engineering Really bad Interference with Sennheiser EW100 G3

• Really bad Interference with Sennheiser EW100 G3

• Shawn Lam, MPV

March 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I’m getting a similar problem, also with the B range of frequencies on the G3s (I have 7 sets). But my problem is that when I scan sometimes there is nothing available. That is out of the 240 presets that get scanned!

It has to be a proximity thing because if I move 30′ the problem goes away and I get a typical 90% of the frequencies available but I don’t always have the luxury to change location so we have had to add some emergency hard wire microphones on live events. The other challenge is that once we did scan and lots were available but then something changed a few hours into our live webcast.

Is the B range (626-668 MHz) too busy and I should use the A or G range or should I switch to a different manufacturer?

Shawn Lam, MPV

• Edward Mori

March 5, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I’m having similar problems. I have 3 EW100’s body packs and I keep losing RF signal to the point they mute. I have an antenna distribution system in place and I also have as many as 5 handheld wireless running that don’t have this problem.

Any suggestions?

Ed Mori
    Media & Technology Coordinator
    Mt Lebanon UP Church

• Dallas Bodin

October 9, 2016 at 2:55 am

I had this same issue (static interference when using more than one G3 system, plus static white noise when transmitter was turned off and receiver left on). I was worried it was not user error, when in fact it was. I was using the scan feature at each new location, but setting up the different microphones on different banks. That’s a big no-no. See this article for a detailed explanation on setting up the G3 system. After I followed those instructions, I no longer have static interference or the white noise when the transmitter is turned off.

Viewing 11 - 13 of 13 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy