Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Identify old AJA board

  • Gary Adcock

    September 18, 2009 at 4:20 pm

    [gary adcock] “[Joe Gill] “101111-02 KSD11 PCI-E looks like. 3 BNC, 1 hd15 connector ”
    I believe that this an OEM version of the Xena Lhe. No PCIe board can be that old, that technology is still the current architecture in Mac’s and PC’s
    “

    Sorry Catching up after IBC and I should have read the entire thread.

    I was only correct that it was an OEM card after seeing the photo I believe it is a PCI standard Xena standard def card circa 2000

    No bloody X, no bloody E, a plain old first generation PCI .

    I believe that some PC’s still offer PCI slots, but I am not sure, Apple dropped it sometime around 2001 (?)

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
    Chicago, IL

    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

  • Chris Borjis

    September 18, 2009 at 4:28 pm

    [gary adcock] “No bloody X, no bloody E, a plain old first generation PCI .”

    lol gary! “Relics” was just on the other night! 🙂

  • Gary Adcock

    September 18, 2009 at 4:30 pm

    [Chris Borjis] “lol gary! “Relics” was just on the other night! 🙂
    “

    I was trying to get my mouse to do voice recognition….

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
    Chicago, IL

    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

  • Bob Zelin

    September 19, 2009 at 4:27 pm

    thanks Joe. So many people think I am “dead serious” when I write these smart ass remarks – I am trying to be humorous about the sad state of how our expensive equipment becomes outdated so quickly, yet so many people take personal offense to it ! (“do you know how much I paid for that !”). There is no help for these people. We are all in the same boat, some people have no sense of humor.

    bob Zelin

  • Joe Gill

    September 19, 2009 at 5:12 pm

    I had read enough of your XSAN stuff and your awesome timecode post to know you were a man of serious wit, so I was inclined to take it at face value and not have any offense taken. I am a fan of old stuff, but am enjoying finally disposing of useless junk… Now how can I use these NuVista cards in the XSAN – as a digitizer? I think I have a fibre nubus card in here somewhere…

    Joe Gill

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy