Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Avid Media Composer › Exporting out as ProRes 4444

  • Michael Phillips

    December 11, 2013 at 12:12 am

    You need to have all the AMA clips highlighted (the one pointing to the new LogC 444 files) and the sequence. Right click the sequence and try again.

    Michael

  • Blake Hester

    December 11, 2013 at 5:02 pm

    Ok, I think I’m missing something here. Let me explain what I have done so far:

    – Copied the sequence and opened in a new bin
    – Clicked “set bin display” and “show reference files”
    – Copied only the DNxHD 36 files to a new bin, along with a copy of the sequence
    – When I do the detailed sort, my Tape column has the 8 character REEL (A076R2N8)
    – I went ahead and opened the Camroll and Labroll; columns and they have the full file name (A0761C002_120509_R2N8)
    – I went ahead and picked an empty column, TapeID, and copied the 8 character names (A076R2N8) to that column
    – Selected everything in the bin, right clicked and selected “relink”
    – I have selected, Relink selected items to: “Media on Drive – All Available Drives”
    – I have selected, Relink by: Original to Tape Name or Source File ID and Target to TapeID (I have also tried the labroll and get same results)
    – when I select ok, it takes a few seconds to relink then I have a new sequence (or on some ways I have tried it, it says “no clips were relinked”), but the new sequence has the same DNxHD 36 files, not the ProRes 4444

    ????

    I will also note that I have all of my Avid sequences, files, .mxfs on one drive and all of the camera originals (ProRes 4444 files) on 2 separate drives, however they are all connected to the same computer.

    I am certain that I am missing something simple because I am still trying to learn my way around Avid, or I may have explained something in the wrong way initially.

    Either way, any help is greatly appreciated, I just need to have this file ready by the end of the week.

    Thanks!

  • Michael Phillips

    December 11, 2013 at 8:34 pm

    Since the sequence contains clips that already have the full 6 characters, you are all set. The next steps get a little wonky as it is not as straightforward as one would want it to be. I have heard of the process being referred to as “needing to be a relink whisperer”. It can be done with some tweaking. If you want to send me a zipped bin that has the sequence and all the clips you are trying to link to (AMA I am guessing?), I can try the relink to the clips and send back the bin. In theory, it would then relink to the media, but at the very least I can tell you what the settings need to be

    michael[at]24p[dot]com

    Michael

  • Blake Hester

    December 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

    Thanks. Just sent you an email.

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy