Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Final Cut 6 and Canon xa10 – Progressiv segmented Frame

• Final Cut 6 and Canon xa10 – Progressiv segmented Frame

• Miss Friedrichshain

July 18, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I’m having a terrible time log and transferring my XA10 footage into FCP. I bought this camera excited to use it and have been met with compete frustration and the realization I may have wasted 2K. My issue is that when I log and transfer the footage into FCP the quality is severely downgraded. The footage looks “cheap” and pixelated in thin, low-res stripes. These little stripes of low-res digital noise are most noticeable on people’s lips for some reason. I did the television test and the footage does not have these low-res particles, the lips look fine. After a ton of research online, I found some people discussing about how this camera shoots interlaced, even if its progressive but then “wraps” the footage in some progressive code or something. FCP gets confused and interprets the footage as needing to be de interlaced and does some odd multiple compression to it. The result is really disappointing and cheap looking. Does anyone have a work around? Some other program to compress the AVCHD? Or perhaps a setting in FCP to eliminate this problem? I’m really at my wits end here.

Viewing 1 of 1 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy