Contacting Creative COW Regarding Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Compliance
UPDATED: JUNE 1, 2019
CreativeCOW.net has adopted the following general policy toward intellectual property infringement, in accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), and has designated an agent to receive notices regarding intellectual property infringement. If you believe a user of our Service has infringed your intellectual property rights, we encourage you to contact us using the legally prescribed procedure outlined below.
I. Procedure for Reporting DMCA Intellectual Property Infringement:
It is our policy to (i) block access to or remove any content (including, without limitation, materials, text, graphics, music, and/or photos) (collectively, “Content”) that we believe in good faith to infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties following receipt of a compliant notice; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat infringers.
If you believe that Content residing on or accessible through the Service constitutes copyright infringement, or that your DMCA intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please send a notice of infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed on or through the Service, including the registration number(s) for any such material if applicable;
2. Identification of the Content that you claim has infringed on the identified copyrighted work or other intellectual property, including (i) a description of how the material in question is using the copyrighted work or other intellectual property in a way that constitutes infringement, and (ii) a description of where the material in question is located on or in the Service, with sufficient detail that we may verify the existence of the material within the Service (e.g., a precise URL);
3. Your contact information, including your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
4. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property is not authorized by the rights owner, its agents, or the law;
5. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided in your notice is accurate and that you are the rights holder or are authorized to act on behalf of the rights holder; and
6. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the rights holder.
Please note that any information provided in connection with an intellectual property complaint will be forwarded to the user whose Content has been removed or disabled, so that they may contact you directly to discuss your concerns.
II. Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is our policy:
1. to remove or disable access to the allegedly-infringing Content;
2. to notify the user whose Content has been removed or disabled; and
3. that repeat offenders will have their allegedly-infringing Content removed from the Service and that we will terminate such repeat offenders’ access to the Service.
III. Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If the user whose Content has been removed or disabled believes that the Content is not infringing, or the user believes that he or she has the right to post and use such Content from the rights owner, the owner’s agent, or pursuant to law (including as a fair use), the user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
1. Identification of the Content that has been removed or disabled, including a description of where the material in question appeared on the Service before it was removed or disabled (e.g., a precise URL);
2. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or blocked as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the Content in question;
3. Your contact information, including full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
4. A statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which your address is located – or, if your address is outside of the USA, for the judicial district in which we are located – and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement; and
5. Your electronic or physical signature.
Please note that any information provided in connection with a counter-notice will be forwarded to the original complaining party, so that they may contact you directly to discuss their concerns.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, we will send a full and complete copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party, along with a notice informing them that we may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the rights owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly misrepresents that Content or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages, including attorney’s fees.
Please contact our Designated Agent at the following information:
Benjamin A. Costa CreativeCOW.net c/o Ridder, Costa & Johnstone LLP 12 Geary St., Ste 701 San Francisco, CA 94108 Tel: (415) 391-3311 Fax: (415) 358-4975 Email: copyright[at]creativecow[dot]net Requests sent via email will typically be processed most expeditiously.
For more information on the DMCA, please visit:
Did You Know?
On May 2, 2019, Creative COW was ranked as the 6,430th most trafficked website in the world*, according to Amazon.com’s Alexa search engine. In the January, 2018 survey by Netcraft (the latest report they offer), they reported the number of active websites in the United States at over 200 million active sites. This means that Creative COW is in the top 2/100,000ths-of-One-Percent of active sites on the net, worldwide! And we’re in the Top 4,000 sites in the USA. That’s a lot of moos.
*Alexa.com had Creative COW ranked at 6,430 on May 2, 2019. Day ranks fluctuate.